There are a lot of people wondering how we did this so I'll try to explain again. This is how it went in the early stages:
1. Chief would hang out right near the load area and watch people get on the ride.
2. Hoot would stay back where people entered the building.
3. Chief would count empty ride vehicles, there had to be at LEAST six ahead of us.
4. Hoot would signal Chief when somebody entered the building. We had to have at LEAST six empty vehicles ahead AND behind us to not be seen.
5. Most of the time Chief would count ten to twenty empty cars before I signaled him that we had six behind us.
6. We'd get on the ride and check our ride vehicle number.
7. As soon as we rounded the corner out of the load area we'd jump out and run like hell to get as far ahead as possible.
8. By keeping count of the cars we had a precise idea of how much time we had in a scene.
We got very good at knowing how much time we had from doing this over and over.
Later, this became old hat and we just stayed in the ride for 8 hours at a time:)We ate dinner there and even washed ourselves in the Mesa Verde Kitchen scene waterfall.