SAVE HOOT GIBSON

Thursday, July 12, 2012






In the grand scheme of things this video should have been the very first to be posted here. THIS is from the tape in which Chief and I learn that Horizons is going to close (again) so we head out to get a couple of rides on tape.

What you're about to see is the evolution of how we went from normal behavior to our exploration phase. It's like watching two apes at the very moment they learn to use a stick to eat more ants. All of a sudden the Monolith appears. The two apes start to walk erect and use more advanced tools............and climb right out of their ride vehicle!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe my eyes. The genesis of what will become the Mesa Verde Times. Thanks for this, best post yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, can you believe i kept my mouth shut the whole ride??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome. I just can't believe how you used to leave the ride like this. Not only is it cool but it really shows your obsession with the ride. It's great to know people are as passionate about the parks and nostalgia as I (and others are). I bet it would be a blast to hang in the parks with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly one of the best ride-through videos of Horizons i've ever seen...even better that martins. It was eerie and a bit sad how nothing was said during the video, kinda like a moment of silence for an old friend. I'm glad someone documented and archived this wonderful and inspiring attraction like you guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many memories! I was at EPCOT (not Epcot Center) in May 1998 and spent an entire day going between Journey into Imagination and Horizons to just enjoy it all one last time. I've LOVED reading through this blog! So much awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete